Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Green Lantern movie

Well, Abe had to work late the other day so I decided to pick him up and watch Green Lantern while I was waiting. I went in with horrible expectations based off the reviews I had started reading (and then stopped to miss the spoilers). I even brought some books as a back up for something to do if I was so bored I had to walk out. But I was pleasantly surprised. I mean, it wasn't a great movie by any stretch of the imagination. It would have been good-looking cgi if it had been the 90s.

What I didn't like? The glowing costumes were dumb. Especially the painted on neck collars and mask. I didn't like that the mask went down his nose, but I looked it up and that is really how he was designed. Doesn't make it less stupid. And the painted on parts of the costume made sense since they are energy from the ring. Still looked dumb. And the main lady actor wasn't great. She pulled me out a couple times with her bad acting. At least Ryan Reynolds was consistent. I think consistency is more important than occasionally good. And there was some story stuff that didn't make sense, but I think that was because they wrote it with the intention of it having at least one sequel. Which is rarely a good idea.

But I kept my expectations low and tried not to over analyze while I was watching it and just enjoy it. But really, Josie Campbell on CBR has a review that is pretty much the one I would write. :)

Also, I actually enjoyed it enough that it has been on my mind so I doodled this today, very much inspired by the wonderous Kate Beaton:

No comments:

Post a Comment