Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Water Lady Sketches

I did some sketches. I am trying to figure out the water lady story. I really want to do it, but it has a lot of stuff I need to work out. Maybe that is what I will work on when I am done making stuff to fill up our comicon booths. I like the cartoony people I have been seeing in a lot of the comic books I have been reading, but it is not what my hand naturally draws, so I will need to practice.
The upper right (EDIT: er, left...upper left) image is a copy of this mermaid by Emily Carroll. If you haven't looked at her stuff, you should because it is amazing. That mermaid image she drew really made me excited to do the water lady story again. I will likely go with a Kate Beaton, Emily Carroll style but with watercolors. I certainly need to practice people more though.

No comments:

Post a Comment